Harmony Hill came into existence through the vision of Brother Roy T. and Sister Susie Denman. For many years it had been the burden of Brother Denman’s heart to provide a center of activity for the spiritual growth and development of the youth of Primitive Baptists and their friends.
The ministry took the form of a one week singing school, its first session being July, 1954, with 36 students and 1 instructor. Enrollment doubled the two succeeding years and has increased steadily to this time. Harmony Hill’s operation began with one building, a kitchen-cafeteria-classroom (a ‘temporary’ structure which served for more than 20 years!) Many buildings have been added in subsequent years to care for the overflow that gathers in June each year on this campsite overlooking Eagle Mountain Lake.
Young people from several states travel to Harmony Hill to join in fellowship with kindred in Christ and to open their hearts and minds to the study of hymns that praise God. The manifest blessings of God upon the work begun 50 years ago by this dedicated couple are marvelously experienced by all who attend.